June 2014 – December 2015
- 30 000 USD
Funded by Open Society Foundation / Health Media Initiative and Soros-Moldova Foundation
The Project goal is to develop an inclusive community environment through media advocacy activities. The Project objectives are:
- Adults with disabilities know their rights and fight for them, through the media means too;
- Community services for people with disabilities are promoted both in the society and media;
- People with disabilities are able to speak for themselves and can undertake advocacy activities.
Through its activities, the project aims to raise community awareness and increase the knowledge of persons with disabilities:
- Training people with disabilities to take pictures according to Photo Voice technique and organize an exhibition of photos. Printing an illustrated calendar, that will contain exhibition pictures;
- Training people with disabilities to relate their own stories according to Storytelling method (storytelling and listening to personal stories) and use it for Advocacy;
- Implementing a media campaign to raise social awareness towards the right of persons with disabilities to live in the community and to lead a normal and active life;
- Implementing a social media campaign to highlight the abilities of people with disabilities and the importance of their contribution to society. The campaign includes: the publication and dissemination of personal stories told by people with disabilities, according to the Storytelling method; producing five short films about persons with disabilities and their families life in the community; organizing a Photo Voice exhibition in the park; organizing film screenings in 10 communities.
- Promoting the community social services for people with disabilities in the community and through media channels.