June 2023 – January 2024
Budget: 198 549,00 CHF
Donors: Private Institution ”TRIMBOS Moldova” , founded by TRIMBOS Institute from the Netherlands, that implements the „Support for the Reform of Mental Health Services in Moldova“ Project.
Project goal: the comprehensive evaluation of the situation of people with mental health challenges who are placed in psychiatric hospitals (chronic patients, who are placed in psychiatric hospitals due to social challenges) and the development of individual programs/plans for psychosocial support, on the basis of which alternative placement and social inclusion solutions to hospitalization will be established/identified.
- Evaluation of people with mental health problems (chronic patients) who are placed in psychiatric hospitals (Chişinău, Bălți, Orhei);
- Creation of a plan for socio-professional inclusion for each person with mental health challenges assessed (at least 10 patients) by identifying solutions/alternatives for the social inclusion of people with mental health problems at the community level, and implementing the plan for each individual case.
- Developing and piloting of the evaluation tools;
- Evaluation of people with mental health challenges in the three hospitals (social and psychological); at least 250 people evaluated;
- Elaboration of assessment reports with recommendations regarding the social inclusion of the evaluated persons;
- Selection of people for the development of socio-professional inclusion plans – at least 10 persons;
- Elaboration of socio-professional inclusion plans of people with mental health challenges based on person-based planning;
- Identification of community resources to ensure support for individuals in professional integration and empowering them to support the integration of people with mental health challenges into the labor field;
- Identifying professional employment opportunities for people with mental health challenges, in agreement with the employment agencies and community mental health centers where people with mental health challenges are assigned;
- Information and training activities for employers regarding the employment of people with mental health challenges, in order to change their attitudes;
- Supporting case managers from community mental health centers in engaging and supervising people with mental health challenges who are employed or want to be employed.