September 2020 – March 2021
- Amount granted
- EUR 60 000
- European Union
- Project goal
- To ensure the right to health of 1,700 people with intellectual and psychosocial disabilities from 6 residential institutions during COVID-19 by increasing access to information and protective equipment.
- Project objectives
- Increase access to protective equipment for people with intellectual and psychosocial disabilities and staff from 6 residential institutions;
- Increase knowledge and strategies for prevention of COVID-19;
- Decrease cases of abuse and neglect in institutions.
- Procurement and distribution of protective equipment in 6 residential institutions.
- Installation of 6 video monitors in 6 residential institutions.
- Development of internal policy for residential institutions on prevention measures. Training for management and staff on implementing the internal policy.
- Development of a database on communication materials related to prevention of COVID-19. Distribution of communications in ‘Easy Read’ format.
- Procurement and distribution of mobile phones to people with disabilities in institutions.
- Training on quality rights and complaint mechanism for self-advocates from institutions. Promotion activities on Hotline support service for persons with disabilities.
- Training for staff on preventing burnout and coping with stress and behavioral challenges.