July 2014 – February 2015
- 17, 242 USD
- Funded by East European Foundation
The Project aims to ensure access for all persons with disabilities in political life and electoral processes. In this context the project objectives include: providing support to the Central Electoral Commission to develop and promote the Regulation on the access of persons with disabilities to electoral processes; informing and sensitizing political parties on the issues of persons with disabilities and mobilization of the parties in problems solving; informing the media about communication with people with disabilities and approaching disability in valorization way.
The following implementing activities were proposed within the Project:
- Support the Central Electoral Commission in drafting the Regulation on the access of persons with disabilities to electoral processes;
- Develop a document containing recommendations for political parties with reference to the objectives which they may include in their electoral platforms to enhance the quality of life of persons with disabilities;
- Develop a Commitment Charter in the field of disability. The Charter will be submitted to the political parties to be signed and respected;
- Analysis of political parties’ electoral platforms in terms of ensuring the interests of persons with disabilities;
- Develop a set of recommendations for journalists on the language terms used by them regarding people with disabilities.