Keystone Moldova promotes equal opportunities for quality education for all children through the provision of technical assistance to central and local public authorities, as well as to local specialized bodies in the field of education, district / municipal services for psycho-pedagogical assistance and schools and kindergarten managers in implementation of inclusive education in schools and kindergartens.
Types of support include:
- Development and piloting inclusive education methodologies in schools and kindergartens;
- Strengthening the capacities of multidisciplinary teams, support teachers and classroom teachers in the following areas: assessing the educational needs of pupils with special educational needs (SEN), developing and implementing Individual Educational Plans (IEPs), involvement of parents of children with SEN in the implementation and monitoring of IEPs, development of curricula according to IEPs, evaluation of level of knowledge of students with SEN, etc.;
- Designing and development of support services for students with SEN based on their needs (support teacher staff, resource centers for inclusive education, mediation hours, etc.)
- Preparing school / kindergarten and community environment for inclusive education of children with SEN;
- Combating discrimination and bullying in schools and kindergartens through theater forum and curriculums for diversity and tolerance
- Direct support of children with special educational needs and their families in educational inclusion;
- Promotion of inclusive education at national and local level by sharing best practices and lessons learned.
Keystone Moldova implements inclusive education in close cooperation with the following stakeholders: Ministry of Education, Culture and Research, Republican Center for Psycho-Pedagogical Assistance, municipal / district Education Directorates and psycho-pedagogical assistance services, local public authorities and school/kindergarten administrations.