Keystone Moldova aims for social inclusion of people with intellectual and psychosocial disabilities who have left residential institutions or who have avoided being placed in residential care. In order to achieve this goal, the following activities are implemented:
Technical assistance to central and local public authorities in deinstitutionalization or prevention of institutionalization of people with intellectual and psychosocial disabilities and their integration into families and community.
Types of support may include:
- Comprehensive assessment of residential institutions and elaboration of transformation plans;
- Assessing the needs of people with disabilities and their families and the resources available at family and community level; developing recommendations for the inclusion of these people in the family and community;
- Mobilizing communities and creating support groups for people with intellectual and psychosocial disabilities in difficult situations;
- Strengthening capacities of central and local public authorities in social inclusion of persons with intellectual and psychosocial disabilities;
- Development of necessary documents for deinstitutionalization;
- Development of inclusive community environment for persons with intellectual and psychosocial disabilities;
- Family support services for families with persons with disabilities in difficult situation.
Technical assistance to central and local public authorities in the development of community services for people with disabilities.
Keystone Moldova has experience in developing the following types of services:
Mobile Team, Personal Assistant, Respite, Day Care Center for children at risk, special services based on individual needs, such as social assistance, psychological counseling, legal assistance etc.;
Temporary placement services
Foster Care, Community Home, Shared Living, Supported Living etc.;
Inclusive education services
Support teaching staff, Resource center for inclusive education.
Types of support include:
- Analysis of social services system and developing recommendations for streamlining and improving the system;
- Participatory and performance budgeting of social services;
- Development and accreditation of community social services for people with disabilities;
- Developing the social service design;
- Procurement and equipment of the service building according to the needs of people with disabilities and based on social role valorization philosophy;
- Procurement of services staff, their capacity building, and annual performance evaluation;
- Monitoring and evaluation of the quality of provided services;
- Other services based on request.
Direct assistance to persons with intellectual and psychosocial disabilities and their families according to their individual needs.
Types of support include:
- Person-centered planning;
- Development of self-care abilities;
- Social assistance;
- Psychological counseling;
- Legal assistance;
- Healthcare reference;
- Positive behavior development;
- Inclusion in mainstream community services, including in educational settings;
- Development of communication skills and building relationships;
- Labor inclusion;
- Other support as per individual needs.
Promoting the rights of people with intellectual and psychosocial disabilities to live in the community.
Types of activities include:
- Informing people with intellectual and psychosocial disabilities on their rights and how to exercise their rights;
- Development and implementation of complaints mechanisms regarding the respect of the rights of people with disabilities;
- Development of Hotline service for people with disabilities;
- Supporting people with disabilities and their families to exercise their rights.