- Who We Are
- What We Do
- Community for All
- Bridge Funding During the Global Economic Crisis
- Sustainable social services for people with intellectual disabilities within the decentralization context
- Collaboration at the local level for social inclusion of persons with disabilities in Anenii-Noi and Ialoveni Districts
- Piloting inclusive education models for preschool children in Moldova
- Get involved through advocacy and self-advocacy
- Access of persons with disabilities to election
- Media and communication for an inclusive society
- People with Disabilities - Actors in Preventing and Combating Discrimination
- Prevention of Stigma and Discrimination Against Persons with Disabilities in Schools on Both Banks of the Nistru River
- Economic Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities and/or their Families Through Selling Hand-made Bags and Handbags for Women from Recyclable Materials
- Micro-enterprise Incubator
- Public-Private Partnership for the Sustainable Development of Locally Governed Disability Services: Supporting Decentralization Reform
- Past Projects
- News and Events
- Publications and Resources
- Ways to Help
- Social Entrepreneurship
Get involved through advocacy and self-advocacy
2014 – 2017
Budget: 252,145 USD / 1,024,711 MDL
Funded by The Swedish Organization for Individual Relief – SOIR Moldova
The Project goal is to ensure inclusive participation of persons with disabilities in social life by empowering them as Self-advocates and empowering organizations / groups of parents.
The project has three major areas of activity:
- 1. Developing a national network of Self-advocacy (persons with disabilities).
- Keystone Moldova offers support to increase the abilities of persons with disabilities to promote, protect and claim their own rights. Currently, Keystone Moldova provides assistance to six groups of Self-advocates (in Taraclia, Ungheni, Fălești, Orhei, Călărași and Criuleni). The project groups are provided capacity building and exchange of experience between them.
- The Self-advocates and support staff are continuously trained and involved in activities that make up public speaking skills and promote their activities through advocacy.
- 2. Developing a national platform of organizations / groups of parents.
- Keystone Moldova organizes meetings with parents of people with disabilities to inform them about their rights and prepare them to carry out advocacy actions at local and national level in order to solve the problems faced. So far, meetings with parents were held in 11 districts. Parents are informed about national and international legislation in the field of disability, community social services for people with disabilities and their families, planning and carrying out advocacy campaigns and initiatives, collaboration with LPA to improve the lives of these groups etc.
- 3. Support CSOs active in the field of disability in promoting the rights of people with disabilities at local and national level.
- CSOs will be trained in accreditation and contracting social services for people with disabilities. In addition, Keystone Moldova will initiate an advocacy initiative to make functional the mechanism of contracting social services from private providers by public authorities.
- At least 80 persons with disabilities from Moldova are active members of the Self-advocacy groups;
- At least 10 organizations / groups of parents have been assessed and receive support based on needs assessment;
- At least 166 people are trained in advocacy and self-advocacy (people with disabilities, their parents and their support staff, LPA representatives, support staff of Self-advocacy groups).
- At least 5 people (3 disabled persons and two support staff) participate in advocacy and self-advocacy events, organized at European level.